“AMERICA 'S WORST CATASTROPHE”
- Learn the history of the original city, the French Quarter, and why it was built at this particular location along the Mississippi River.
- We'll drive past an actual levee that “breached” and see the resulting devastation that displaced hundreds of thousands of U.S. residents.
- The direct connection between America 's disappearing coastal wetlands, oil & gas pipelines, levee protection and hurricane destruction will be explained.
- Your tour guide will give a “local's ” chronology of events leading up to Hurricane Katrina and the days immediately following the disaster.
- This tour will travel through neighborhoods such as Lakeview, Gentilly, New Orleans East, and the Ninth Ward.
- You'll be amazed at the volume and variety of products “offloaded” in the multimodal port of New Orleans , the second largest port in the country, and then distributed to your hometown.
- Did you know that 30% of the seafood (fish, crabs, shrimp, oysters, and crawfish) harvested in the lower 48 states comes from the coastal wetlands in South Louisiana?
- After this tour, you'll have a better understanding of events pre and post Katrina and the “Rebirth of New Orleans!
Souvenir Hurricane Katrina book available for purchase at departure point!
Includes narrated tour and refreshment stop.